How to get Certification For a Phlebotomist?
Phlebotomy certification refers to the process by which the value of phlebotomists is recognized. This is usually done by exposing those who have finished phlebotomist training to a phlebotomy certification exam. When the candidate passes the phlebotomist certification exam, they are awarded a phlebotomy certification document which confirms his or her expertise. After passing the phlebotomy certification test, they qualify to be called a phlebotomist technician; therefore, the test could be also be referred to as phlebotomist technician certification examination.
This process is usually required for trained phlebotomists in helping them to get jobs in the competitive job market especially in the health sector. Research has shown that most young aspiring students prefer phlebotomy courses than any other health course. In most countries such as in the United States of America, trained phlebotomists cannot be hired unless they have a certification. This makes certification extremely valuable part of their career ladder. Therefore, a certification will help one to get a job easily.
Phlebotomy certification is usually administered by a group of health colleges. This organization puts together colleges offering phlebotomy classes, certifies a person who has successfully sat for any of the phlebotomy exams and have a phlebotomy certificate. In the United States of America, certification is usually done by the American Certification Association (ACA) and the American Phlebotomists Association (APA).
Phlebotomy certification can also be done online through the accredited online phlebotomy colleges. Phlebotomy certification online is regulated by the certification regulatory body. Therefore, not every online school that claims to provide online phlebotomy training and online phlebotomy certification can actually do so. The cost of phlebotomy certification may vary from one country to another but can cost averagely 200 USD to take the exam and get the certificate.
Despite the fact that is not illegal to work as a phlebotomist without certification, it is difficult to obtain employment in many states that require a phlebotomist certification. In US, phlebotomy is a mandatory requirement before one is hired and to the contrary, in Australia, a phlebotomist can work without having a certification. This is also true for 50 out of 52 states in India.
- Before enrolling in an online course, do enough research about the college.
- So as to work with ease anywhere, all phlebotomists have to be certified.
- Phlebotomy training without a certification is becoming invaluable, so get the certification for a better career.
- Do not worry when you spend on training and certification, the job will repay once you have it.
- Choose an affordable type of certification.
- Every precious thing comes at a cost
- Phlebotomists should be certified for considering the work they do.
- All candidates should take every step seriously in their career development
- Phlebotomists should also be trained as good as doctors.
- There should be one common standardized certification for all phlebotomists.
- If certification is to remain, then it should not be used to gauge a person’s ability, but rather hands on experience.
- Special training schools for phlebotomy should be set up.
No related posts.