Phlebotomy Training In California
Are you looking for a career training in one of the highly paying profession in California?
Phlebotomy training is the right one for you. This post addresses the following key areas; phlebotomy training, phlebotomy certification, phlebotomist salaries and training schools in CA
Where can I take Phlebotomy training in California?
Here are some of the best phlebotomy schools in California that offer the complete phlebotomy training in california:
- Cabrillo College
- Cuesta College
- National career Education
- Newbridge College
- Institute For Business and Technology
- Empire College
- Kaplan College
You can contact us for more information about phlebotomy schools in California and the cities in this state with schools that offers phlebotomy programs. You can also contact us to gain more information about phlebotomy schools in other states.
Continue reading for more information on Phlebotomy training in CA
What is the average Phlebotomy Technician Salary in CA?
According to the American Society for Clinical Pathology, the hourly pay is $ 11.25 to $ 12.15. This is the minimum hourly pay, but most employers pay higher.The average annual salary rages beteen $ 29,000 t0 $ 33,000 depending on the work environment.
Where can I find Phlebotomy Jobs in California?
High paying employers are available in the following cities:
- San Diego, CA -Laboratory Corporation of America, San Diego Hospice and The Institute for Palliative Medicine, Scripps Health
- Los Angeles,CA - UCLA Health System,DaVita, Inc,Kaiser Permanente,Cedars-Sinai Health System
- San Francisco, CA -Sutter Health, Kaiser Permanente, University of California San Francisco, ST MARYS MEDICAL CENTER
- Fresno, CA – Kaiser Permanente, DaVita, Inc, H.C.G, Kronos Optimal Health Company
- Sacramento, CA – Portamedic, Sutter Health, Molina Healthcare Inc
- Long Beach, CA – MemorialCare, HealthCare Partners Medical, Laboratory Corporation of America
Click here to find a Phlebotomist job in CA.
Jobs for phlebotomist are usually available in;
- Blood banks
- Private clinics
Step by Step guide on How to become a phlebotomist in California:
- Register for a phlebotomist training course
- Obtain a Certification in Phlebotomy
How long does the entire course take and what is the expense of the Phlebotomy Course in California?
A full phlebotomy course take between 80 to 84 hours. This phlebotomy training course costs about $ 1,950 as follows
- Basic class (20 to 22 hours ) – $ 550
- Advanced Class (20 to 22 hours ) – $ 550
- Clinical class (40hrs +) – $ 650
- Registration fee – $ 200
Total $ 1950
What are the requirements for enrollment in Phlebotomy Training in California?
The minimun reqiurement for basic is a High shool diploma or GED; with experience in the medical field for higher
What does the training entail?
- How to draw blood
- Phlebotomy Safety Measures
- Human anatomy anf physiology
- Medical terminology
- ata storage and management
- Guidance and counselling
Do i need to take phlebotomy certification in California?
Yes, for you to work in California as a phlebotomist, you must be certified. Certification in CA is done by Laboratory Field Services (LFS). California is the leading state in the country for the highest standard and quality of certification.
What are the requirements for phlebotomy certification in CA?
Certification is usually done in three categories based on the level of training as follows:
- Limited Phlebotomy Technician for skin punctures only
- Certified Phlebotomy I for Venipuncture and Skin puncture
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician II for venipuncture, arterial puncture and Skin puncture.
Requirements for CPT I are:
- High school diploma
- 40 hours in class at an approved school
- 40 hours Hands on training
- 50 venipunctures
- 10 skin punctures
- Passing the certification exama
Requirements for CPT II
- High school diploma or GED
- 50 venipunctures
- 10 skin punctures
- 20hrs of advanced didactic course
- passing a certification exam atan approved school
No related posts.