Phlebotomy Training In Louisiana
You have definitely got to the right place where your questions and many others will be answered. And since Phlebotomy is so in demand these days, you’ll need to be as attractive as you can be! Follow me as I answer them.
What are the best Phlebotomy Schools in Louisiana?
Here is a list of Phlebotomy schools in Louisiana for taking phlebotomy training in Louisiana various cities:
- Baton Rouge, LA – Remington College and Our Lady of the Lake – Health Career Institute.
- Mansfield, LA – Louisiana Technical College
- Shreveport, LA – Southern University and Parish Community College
- Bossier, LA – Bossier Parish Community College
If you want to learn more about phlebotomy in Louisiana, then you can contact us. By contacting us, you will also learn about phlebotomy schools in some cities in the state such as Alexandria, Baton Rouge, Bossier City, Kenner, Lafayette, Lake Charles, Monroe, New Iberia, New Orleans, and Shreveport. You can also contact us for more information about phlebotomy schools in other states.
Continue reading to get to know more about phlebotomy training in lousiana
How Much does a Phlebotomist Earn in Louisiana and Where can he Work?
On average, a phlebotomist in Louisiana earns $21,000 a year.
Average phlebotomist salaries for job postings in Louisiana are 26% lower than average phlebotomist salaries for job postings nationwide.
Why should I take a Phlebotomy Training in Louisiana?
Phlebotomy courses in Louisiana will give mold you into a great phlebotomist. You will learn all the knowledge and skills you need to make it big in the world of Medicine.Doing good in Phlebotomy training would definitely attract employers.
Where can a phlebotomist be employed after taking phlebotomy training in Louisiana?
Phlebotomist jobs are available in the following areas:
- Blood banks
- Trainer in a Phlebotomy school
Which cities have major phlebotomy job opportunities and who are the major employers?
Here is a list of some of the cities which have many phlebotomy jobs and the major employers in those cities:
- Alexandria, LA – Christus Health, Louisiana Department of State civil service
- Baton Rouge, LA- Laboratory Corporation of America, Lousiana State University, Baton Rouge Family Medical Clinic
- Lafayette, LA – Kelly Healthcare Resources, Telecris Plasma Resources
- Ruston, LA – Community Health Systems, Grifols Inc.
- Covington, LA – St. Tammany Parish Hospital
How to become a phlebotomist in Louisiana?
What does a phlebotomy course in Louisiana cover?
A phlebotomy course covers the following key areas among other health training:
- Blood collection techniques and blood analysis for transfusion
- Blood donation and transfusion procedures and considerations
- Understanding the human anatomy
- Human blood circulation
- Phlebotomy safety procedures.
- Guidance and counseling
- Computer operations involved in Phlebotomy
- Understanding medical terms
Do I need a phlebotomy certification in Louisiana to work?
Refer to this previous post on getting a Phlebotomy certification for more details.
For you to be employed or allowed to carry out phlebotomy activities in Louisiana, you need to have been certified by any of the following organizations:
- The American Society of Clinical Pathologists
- The National Phlebotomy Association.
What do you need to be certified?
- To have finished classroom training hours for either levels of limited Phlebotomy technician, Certified Phlebotomy Technician and Certified Phlebotomy Technician.
- The required hands on training for either level.
No related posts.